The dentist who has got his or her bachelor dental degree from a non-Australian institution needs to pass the skill assessment test/examination conducted by the Australian Dental Council and register themselves in Dental Board of Australia to practice as a general dentist in Australia or to get a job in public or private sector.
The ADC test/examination is a screening examination to establish that dentists trained in dental schools which have not been formally reviewed and accredited by the ADC have the necessary knowledge and clinical competence to practice dentistry.
Following are the steps, an overseas dentist needs to go through to qualify the ADC examination:
- Initial assessment
- ADC preliminary examination
- ADC practical examination
In the initial assessment process the following documents will be assessed by ADC:
- Your professional qualification (bachelor degree)
- Your work experiences
- Details of your dental registration or all registrations if you have/had in various countries.
- Good standing stated by registering authority
You are eligible for initial assessment by Australian Dental Council, if you have a dental degree of your own country or any country which is recognized by the Australian Dental Council.
As a dentist, you can get assessed by ADC at any time of year by submitting a duly filled initial assessment of professional qualification application form.
Once the application form and supporting documents have been received, you will be assigned an ADC candidate reference number. This number should always be used when you contact the ADC.
For initial assessment, we are here to help you. Write us at
ADC PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
The written examination of ADC for dentists is a computer-based examination. It evaluates a candidate’s knowledge of the science and practice of dentistry, and assesses application of clinical judgement and reasoning skills relevant to dental practice in Australia.
The written examination is conducted over 2 days by Pearson VUE. It consists of ”four papers” each containing 80 scenarios based and single answer multiple choice questions. The examination is held in multiple locations in Australia and overseas.
For preparation of the written examination, we are here to help you.
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADC PRACTICAL EXAMINATION
Practical Examination of ADC is the final stage of the ADC assessment process. The candidates get a chance to demonstrate that they are competent to practice safely as a dentist in Australia. Practical Examination assesses candidates across the range of the entry level competencies of the newly qualified dentist.
We, at the Academy of Dental Knowledge provide complete training for the practical examination.
Details of Course options for ADC Exam Coaching
Option 1: Online Test Series for ADC Part – I Exam via its Platinum & Diamond courses.
Online Tests are available at https://dentalknowledge.in
- Tests & Discussions covering all subjects to prepare you for ADC Part – I Exams along with study material.
- All tests are with explanatory answers, references & combined Rankings.
- Every Sunday tests are conducted online.
- Previous Tests are available for repeat attempts online 24 hours x 7 days.
- Study material in the form of books recommended for ADC are sent to all enrolled candidates-online
Option 2: Regular Classes with Tests & Discussions for ADC Part 1 Exam
- Classes are conducted by experienced faculty in all specialties on every Sat & Sun as per the predefined Schedule. Summarized Class notes are distributed.
- Mock ADC Exams are conducted followed by discussions with experts & explanatory answers are distributed after the tests.
- These sessions cover both Scenario-based and Single-best answer MCQs as per the ADC Exam Pattern.
- Doubt Solving sessions are also conducted with the teachers in all subjects.
- Weekly assignments are given to all students in order to prepare for the next forthcoming subject wise test.
Option 3: Clinical Training Course for ADC Part II Exam.
All procedures are performed by the students on ADC simulated models, typodonts, extracted teeth & allotted patients.
Focuses on Endodontics, Prosthodontics & Restorative Dentistry with Periodontics, Radiology, Oral Surgery and Paedodontics.
For inquiry mail us to email@example.com
Also read ADC Prelims and practical Examinations.